CBD oil – Finding the right dosage
5%, 10%, 20% CBD – how much CBD should I take? As a beginner, it is easy to get overwhelmed with all the information about the right dosage of CBD. Among CBD oils, there is an impressive variety of lines that have different formulations, ingredients, and effects. For this reason, it’s important to know how to use CBD oils in order to reap as much of the therapeutic and relaxing benefits of these natural oils as possible. Find out how to find the right CBD oil dosage for you here.
What is a normal CBD dose?
The most “normal” dose of CBD consumption is between 20 and 40 mg of CBD oil. Some consumers take much less, others much more. It depends on why they use CBD and how experienced they are at it. It is therefore necessary to get used to the idea that there is no “normal” dose of CBD. Everyone has an individual CBD dose and must determine it according to several elements:
- Size and weight
- The type of complaint one wants to treat
- One’s own CBD tolerance
- The strength of the CBD oil being used
All elements under consideration must be taken into account. It may even be that two people with the same weight react very differently to the same CBD dose.
How to choose the right CBD concentration
The CBD concentration depends on the amount of cannabidiol contained in the bottle. A simple consideration is that the CBD dose in 2 drops of CBD oil with a concentration of 5% is equal to the dose present in 1 drop of CBD oil with a dose of 10%. So you can easily calculate the dose:
e.g. 500mg CBD in a 10ml vial, 300 drops per vial: 500/300 = 1,67mg
Find the right CBD oil dosage for you
Here are our recommendations for use:
- At the beginning put 3 drops under the tongue. Hold the drops for 1-2 minutes and then swallow.
- After that you can increase the daily dose up to 12 drops.
- Before taking more, wait about 30 minutes and observe the first changes. Are your symptoms reduced or even gone?
- We recommend that you take the oil at the same time every day and keep a diary in which you record the doses and the development of your symptoms. Write down everything you feel: physical, emotional….
- One dose of CBD will keep you awake, while a larger dose can be calming. Until you get a feel for how CBD oil affects your body, we recommend taking it during the day.
Can you take too much of CBD?
A study on CBD safety and side effects found that continued use of CBD is well tolerated by people even at high doses such as 1500 mg per day. If you are on medication and want to try CBD, it is important to discuss this with a doctor. To clear up the last doubts, here is what the WHO says about the safety of CBD.